- Police Department
- Anonymous Tips
- About Anonymous Tip411
About Anonymous Tip411
Residents are encouraged to immediately report any concerns regarding criminal activity to the Tolleson Police Department. We value any input from our citizens and we want to provide as many ways to communicate with us as possible. This website has been set up to allow anyone to submit information to the Tolleson Police for non-emergency issues. https://www.citizenobserver.com/cov6/app/webTipForm.html?id=22360
Anyone submitting a tip may request to remain anonymous.
BE ADVISED: The website and text messaging are NOT monitored on a 24 hour basis. These methods of communication have been set up to notify police of criminal activity tips that do NOT require an IMMEDIATE on-site police response.
Any incidents requiring an immediate on-site police response must be CALLED in as described below.
For emergencies or crimes occurring in progress: Dial 9-1-1
For non-emergency incidents: Dial (623)936-7186
HOW TO REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY
Suspicious activities can refer to incidents, events, individuals or circumstances that seem unusual or out of place. Some common examples of suspicious activities include:
- A stranger loitering in your neighborhood stopping to look at houses or into yards
- a vehicle cruising the streets repeatedly
- someone peering into cars or windows
- a high volume of traffic going to and coming from a home on a daily basis
- someone loitering around schools, parks or secluded areas
- strange odors coming from a house or building
- open or broken doors and windows at a closed business or unoccupied residence
- someone tampering with electrical, gas or sewer systems without an identifiable company vehicle or uniform
- sounds of breaking glass, gunshots, screaming or fighting
- strangers removing license plates
- loading valuables into vehicles from a residence even if the moving truck looks legitimate.
When reporting SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY, provide as much detail as possible. Remember – An accurate description of events, vehicles, and persons can make all the difference in apprehending a potential suspect. Any type of activity or circumstance that seems unusual should be reported.
There are four general categories to consider when determining what to report. Citizens should generally report:
- Suspicious activities, people and vehicles
- Illegal activities
- Unusual events or incidents
- Dangerous situations
By reporting these types of suspicious activities citizens can help the Tolleson Police to make our community safer and more secure, reduce violence, minimize victimization, reduce crime and improve the overall quality of life.
When reporting SUSPICIOUS PERSONS: Start with the basics and get more specific. One reliable method to consistently make good suspect descriptions is to begin at the head and work your way down. For example: “He was a light skinned male with blonde hair. He was wearing a brown shirt, blue jeans and sneakers.”
Here is a list of items you can describe when providing a suspect description:
- Sex – male or female
- Complexion – skin tone, imperfections
- Approximate Age
- Height and weight
- Hair color and style
- Speech – accent, slurred, vulgar
- Scars – tattoos, facial hair, glasses
- General appearance – dirty, well-groomed
- Clothing – color, style, shoes, jewelry
When reporting SUSPICIOUS VEHICLES: If you have a paper and pen or pencil handy, write down the information so it is easier to remember and report.
- Review this list of items to report:
- Make – (Ford, Chevrolet, Honda)
- Model – (Escort, Impala, Pick-up truck)
- License plate number and state
- Bumper stickers, damage or dents, lettering
- Direction of travel – (“east on State street”)
- Occupants – (“one male and one female about high school age”)
When reporting LOCATIONS OF SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES, provide as much information as possible.
- Provide exact address if possible
- Provide cross streets or closest major intersection
- Describe the location with as much detail as possible.