Household Hazardous Waste Event
The next Household Hazardous Waste event will be held on April 6th, 2023.
Residents must call in to Field Operations at 623-936-7141 to sign up.
Deadline will be March 30th at 3:30PM
The City of Tolleson offers Household Hazardous Waste Collection events to help protect the environment by properly disposing items which may contain harmful chemicals. These events are open to Tolleson residents only.
To participate in the program, you will need to schedule an appointment to have acceptable items picked up from your home.
Call to preschedule Pickup at 623-936-7141 then select the Bulk Trash Pickup Option.
This event is for residential hazardous waste only. Commercial or medical waste will not be accepted.
Guidelines for Household Hazardous Waste Program
- Households that have not prescheduled their pickup will not be collected.
- Hazardous waste should be placed at the top of your driveway no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of the collection.
- Place items neatly boxed at the top of your driveway closest to the sidewalk.
- Do not place items on the sidewalk or roadway.
- Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline, diesel and fuel additives
- Brake-transmission-power steering fluids, degreasers (20 gallons max)
- Pool chemicals
- Stain, varnish, turpentine, cleaners, adhesives
- Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, and other lawn chemicals
- 1 refrigerator or freezer per household per year
- Other appliances that contain no Freon or hazardous materials within them
- Tires (limit 4 tires removed from rim)
Items not Accepted:
- Regular refuse and bulk trash
- Car batteries & fire extinguishers
- Gas cylinders
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Bio–medical waste
- Commercial waste
- Ammunition or explosives
- Radioactive material
For more information, visit our webpage at https://www.tolleson.az.gov/649